[Sca-cooks] Compensation

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 13 13:10:39 PST 2007

>  I understand that it is customary to comp royalty who have traveled to be there, but why would the whole head table comped? > > Ranvaig
I think it depends on who it is. For Steppes 12th Night is was usually, Crown, Heirs, B&B and sometimes the Warlord and Champion.

This year there is no Crown in attendance so it will probably be the Baroness of the Steppes, B&B of Elfsea and maybe the Heirs (whoever they will be) if they attend. Sometimes visiting Royalty will be comped.

My contribution for the War Chest at Three Kings was a nicely callig'd card giving 4 feast reservations for 12th Night. But these will come out of my own pocket.

If one of my feasts is to have individual servers I'll sometimes offer servers and background musicians half price and they are fed before the feast.

This way they can concentrate on their duties and the servers have an idea of what the dishes are and the correct way to serve them.

Gunthar