[Sca-cooks] flax processing (was Bread labor)

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Nov 13 15:06:29 PST 2007

Thanks, Jadwiga. I think what I was remembering was that the fibers
were very coarse until more modern methods of retting, etc were
developed, so it was used primarily for cordage and rough cloth.

But, I've found a source of yarn, and am considering buying some to
play with- am currently dithering over plain hemp, or a hemp/wool
combo.