[Sca-cooks] Head Table Dishes: Was 12th Night Feast tentative menu

euriol at ptd.net euriol at ptd.net
Tue Nov 13 15:44:33 PST 2007

I think I found additonal relevant notes concerning compensated feast seats.

It's on page 78 in the latest Exchequer Branch Officer's Reference Handbook.
This is under section D on Pricing:

"Feasts are special in that there are usually several meals given free (such
as head table). Count the available seats to be sold when counting
attendance, but count all meals to be prepared when figuring expenses. This
way, a small part of the price of each sold feast ticket pays for a small
part of one of the free meals."

Compensated Feast Seats should be defined in the Financial Policies of the
Branch. Our local branch does compensate Royalty for Feast & Site Fees.

It was good for me to double check this, as I'm cooking a Kingdom Twelfth
Night feast myself and I'm the deputy Exchequer for my Barony.