[Sca-cooks] Medlar inquiry

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 14 18:45:32 PST 2007

Grace asked:
<<< My medlar tree has finally produced a reasonable crop!  So, what
do I  do
with them?  I know to wait for the hard frost then bag them for two
weeks.  But
are there recipes for these fruits or are they strictly for  eating
'fresh'? >>>

Take a look through this file in the FOOD-FRUITS section of the
Florilegium:
medlars-msg       (16K)  8/31/03    Medlars. A member of the quince
family.

You might also just plug "medlar" into the search engine on the site
and see what comes back. That will turn up some info and recipes from
the files such as feast reviews and herbals which aren't just on
medlars.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas