[Sca-cooks] silicon baking molds - oop

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 14 21:55:23 PST 2007

<<<
> Do you need to grease these floppy bright orange silicone molds
> before you use them? I've had 'em for three years and haven't yet
> tried them out.... > > Devra the anxious

Nope.

Gunthar

What about the bright blue ones?       :-)

<<<
I also used one...made a bundt cake.  The bundt pan was smaller than
a normal one and I had to use the extra batter to make cupcakes & had
the same problem.  Was more like steamed than "cooked" and was heavy
in the center.  I got rid of them and am sticking to aluminum/metal
or anything but silicone.
To all those that like them....good luck.
Gabrielle (a lurker)

Uh oh. I have one I haven't tried yet, and just got a confirmation
today that the "castle" one I recently ordered just got shipped to me
today.

I guess we'll just have to see. Maybe there's something I can do to
minimize this problem. Maybe remove the item from the mold and bake
it for a bit longer.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas