[Sca-cooks] Need ideas for someones feast

margaret m.p.decker at att.net
Thu Nov 15 05:03:32 PST 2007

De said:
Stephen gave an exellant source for general info and recipes for the
Holidays.
To my understanding removes and coarses are for the most part, different.
What that diffence is I can not seem to retrieve from my brain, perhaps it
is still a bit numb from the funeral.
I thought perhaps that your friend did not know the difference so I thought
I would ask to make sure.

The term remove is a Victorian one for a dish that is a replacement for
another in a course. A course was served family style with the various
dishes on the table. At the end of a course all the dishes were cleared and
a new set were placed on the table. When the SCA began, the Victorian terms
were used in error and have stuck with us.
Margaret