[Sca-cooks] FW: Silicon baking pan question

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 15 12:51:39 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----

Discovered while shooting Home Plate that silicone while convenient for
clean up was not as efficient in browning - often times coming out like
steamed cakes, per your comments.

In order to get that golden crust we love on baked good a generous
slathering of bakers joy or butter will do the trick - so don't throw them
out just enjoy the extra calories for the buttered pans.

cheers,
Samantha > > > > > > > > >

Slow to find this thread . . . .

The spray does work.  Don't be skimpy, though.  I used just PAM, though it
was chilled a buit and somewhat gelatinous when sprayed.  Tried it out of
desperation once, and it does brown up nicer.  It didn't give me a heavy
crust like I'd expect for a bundt or angelfood cake, but the
muffins/cupcakes were better than my first try . . . really close to the
same as in my metal pans.

Haven't used those silicone toys in a while now that I think of it.  May nee
to try again.  Brownies and a square silicone pan.

niccolo difrancesco