[Sca-cooks] Dinner in the Topkapi Serai

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:27:43 PST 2007

I've posted my favorate dishes from the feast with comments.  The subtelty was incredible.  I loved that the oranges and lemons were tied to the tree limbs so harvesting them was easy.  I had a lemon and the marzipan was perfect with a little lemon flavor.

Katira> > One of my cooks, Anna Serre, is a fabulous feast cook in her own > right. She lives in another Principality and had a long drive to come > help me. She made a WONDERFUL subtlety just for the feast - the > Topkapi garden with what looked like a gingerbread domed building, > trees with marzipan fruits of various colors, and even a cookie lake > with a colorful glaze. At the end of the feast she invited people to > eat it - as was done with amazing often life-sized sugar sculptures > paraded through the streets of Constantinople during princely > circumcision festivals. I sure hope she got photos of it before it > was devoured!> -- > Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)> the persona formerly known as Anahita> _______________________________________________> Sca-cooks mailing list> Sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/sca-cooks-ansteorra.org