[Sca-cooks] Course/Remove was RE: Need ideas for someones feast

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 16 06:26:22 PST 2007

-----Original Message-----
Sorry, no medieval about it.  The earliest use of the word in the context of
removing and replacing dishes according to my copy of the OED is 1840.

D at MN!  You are absolutely right, and that is a banner I march under . . . .
I scompletely misspoke with "medieval" and meant to type "historical".  I
have been hitting other centuries of late and have lost my vocabulary and
perspective.  Count me as one who does indeed avoid remove . . and has read
the sources everyone is quoting (except OED) over the years.  I'm a course
guy.

niccolo difrancesco