[Sca-cooks] OT OOP Gallons of gravy

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 18 23:01:45 PST 2007

Renata mentioned:

<<< Liver is food for cats, not people IMO - most of the time. I once
had
some quail liver pate that was terrific.

I'm cooking a goose next week and while the giblets will go into the
gravy stock the liver will go into the cats. I have 2 baby kittens
who have never yet?had liver - can't wait to see their reactions! >>>

So what were the reactions of your kittens to the liver? I think I'm
still far enough behind in reading this list that you've already
cooked your goose.

Here are some Florilegium files for those who might want some help on
figuring out what to do with the spare parts lying around.

Blood-Soup-art    (12K) 12/26/00    "Polish Black Soup - Czarnina" by
Casamira
                                        Jawjalny, O.L.
blood-dishes-msg  (27K) 10/20/04    Use of blood in period foods.
Recipes.
haggis-msg        (94K) 10/25/01    Scottish haggis recipes. comments
on haggis.
organ-meats-msg   (96K)  8/30/06    Period cooking of organ meats.
pig-heads-msg     (18K)  4/14/07    Cooking, displaying or otherwise
working
                                        with pig’s heads. Real and
artificial.

Well, not usually spare but sometimes a good source for the
ingredients for the above recipes.
duck-goose-msg    (30K) 10/ 8/04    Cooking duck and goose. Recipes.
Gos-Farced-art    (26K)  4/ 5/02    "Gos Farced & Endored - (Stuffed
Roast Goose
                                        with golden glaze)" by Lady
Constance de
                                        LaRose. Stuffing, endoring,