[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving menu

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Nov 21 08:42:34 PST 2007

We're having the Traditional Johnson Family Thanksgiving Dinner at my
aunt's house. I greatly fear there will be raisins in the stuffing because
of this. The menu is, for the most part, unchangeable. People get very
cranky when you mess with the TJFTD menu. You can omit things, or add
things, but you cannot replace.

Turkey
stuffing (there's *supposed* to be some with and some without raisins. My
aunt is the only one left who likes raisins, but she's making the
stuffing)
cranberry jello and cranberry sauce
French-cut green beans with slivered almonds
mashed potatoes with paprika sprinkled on top
gravy with mushrooms (my mushroom-hating husband will have to pick them out)
dinner rolls
relish tray (carrots, celery, green and black olives, pickles)
corn pudding casserole thingy and/or plain corn niblets
sweet potatoes and/or winter squash
the memorial can of Le Seuer Tiny Peas (nobody eats them, they're for
Grandpa. He's been dead for 19 years now.)
golden glow salad (that orange jello/shredded carrot thing)
pumpkin pie, of course

Margaret FitzWilliam