[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving menu

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 21 11:06:04 PST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007, at 12:04 PM, S CLEMENGER wrote:

> 9 years ago, when I was dealing with what you've had to face
> recently, we didn't do Thanksgiving, either.  I hadn't thought to do
> much of anything this year, either, until a friend happened to call--
> she wants the leftovers (her favorite part), so we're cooking after
> all.

In going over what we might do for this holiday, I suggested to my
lady wife that we might consider roasting a turkey and preparing the
traditional accompaniments a few days in advance, then put portions of
same in little speckle-enamelled tin cowboy cups with foil over the
top, and allow them reheat gently on top of the pilot lights of Mom's
stove one last time ;-).

Spouse allowed as how that wasn't funny. I allowed as how yes, it
_was_ funny, and highly respectful, therefore highly appropriate.

But I don't think we're doing that...

Adamantius