[Sca-cooks] Edible origami

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 17:34:01 PST 2007

Actually, it's a lunch, as Muiriath indicates, that is served in a
box.  I'll never forget my first encounter with one...on Japan
Airlines!  We were offered a choice between a traditional
Western-style lunch and a bento box.  I decided to be adventurous
(understand...this was back in the mid-seventies when this kind of
food wasn't readily available, especially outside of, say, New York or
San Francisco).  I was served a lovely lacquer box that contained an
assortment of traditional Japanese goodies...a lovely seaweed salad, a
tiny, whole pickled baby octopus, some sushi and some other goodies.
It was almost too lovely to eat!  But eatit I did and it was
wonderful...and I've been adicted to sushi ever since!

Kiri

On Nov 24, 2007 7:06 PM, Karin Burgess <avrealtor at prodigy.net> wrote:
> http://lunchinabox.net/
>
>   This is more of a modern take on a traditional Japenese idea. But it does show the basics.
>
>   -Muiriath
>
> S CLEMENGER <sclemenger at msn.com> wrote:
>   What's a "bento box lunch?"
> --Maire

Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
                    -- C.E. Lawrence