[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving menu

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 25 22:49:12 PST 2007

Maire said:

<<< The recipe looks really yummy, if also a LOT of work! That much
basil, though....I'd think it'd be pretty overwhelming.  I'll be
interested in hearing how you adapt it for a turkey breast...I have
room for one of those (although not a whole turkey, alas!) >>>

Room where? In you? Or in the refrigerator?

One of the reasons that I've stayed away from buying a turkey these
last few years, other than the fact that it would be eating here at
home only, since the relatives roast a turkey, is not having enough
room in the refrigerator to keep one at safe temperatures until
cooked. Unless I perhaps bought it frozen and let it thaw out in the
kitchen or in an ice chest.

But if I'm going to brine it or use some of the other techniques
talked about it would still need to go in the refrigerator for awhile.

Stefan
(who *likes* turkey leftovers for sandwiches, or microwaving or
cooking with BBQ sauce for sandwiches etc.)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com