[Sca-cooks] food processor question

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Mon Nov 26 14:30:01 PST 2007

>Hobart manufactured the KitchenAid appliances until 1986 when the KitchenAid
>brand was bought by Whirlpool.  Cuisinart was a French manufacturer that was
>bought out by the Conair Corporation.  Waring is also owned by Conair.

My 30 yr old Cuisinart burned up during feast prep last Sept.  I really missed it for Thanksgiving prep and I'm going to ask for a new one as my Cristmas present.  Is Cuisinart still the top brand? Amazon has the DLC-10S for $99.95 with free shipping, that looks like a similar model to my old one.  Does anyone have any comments about that model, or recommend another model?

Ranvaig