[Sca-cooks] Precious stones to ward off evils

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Mon Nov 26 19:52:00 PST 2007

Regarding the believed properties of stones it seems to me that there were
several intersecting belief sets related to religions.  For those of us with
"European" personas the three main groups of these were, if I am not
mistaken, Christian, Moslem and Jewish.  The Moslem belief sets also
intersected with those of Indian and China.  The Christian sets also
intersect directly, albeit in late period, with those of India, China and
Japan and in early period the Pagan.  Don't have any guesses about the
Jewish.  Be that as it may there are some stones that are relatively region
specific, jade is specific case in point.

Daniel