[Sca-cooks] Hobart/Kitchenaid/Conair etc...

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 26 21:26:55 PST 2007

The reference is to the fact that Hobart does not manufacture KitchenAid
anymore, rather than KitchenAid is no longer manufactured.  Hobart sold the
company to Whirlpool in 1986.  According to some discussions about
KitchenAid mixers, the motor in the Whirlpool manufactured ones is not as
sturdy as those in the older Hobart manufactured models.  At 25 years, your
mixer is one of Hobart manufacture.

I have one of the newer models and find it perfectly suitable for my needs.
If I happen to burn out the motor, I'll probably do as one baker did and
take it to an electrical equipment repair shop and have the motor changed
out for a heavier duty industrial motor.

Bear

Oh yes, they still make Kitchenaid...it's one of the best brands of
appliances around!

Kiri (still loving her 25 year-old mixer!!1)