[Sca-cooks] Hobart/Kitchenaid/Conair etc...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 27 09:12:06 PST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007, at 11:35 AM, Susan Fox wrote:

> Bear wrote:
>> The reference is to the fact that Hobart does not manufacture
>> KitchenAid
>> anymore, rather than KitchenAid is no longer manufactured.  Hobart
>> sold the
>> company to Whirlpool in 1986.  According to some discussions about
>> KitchenAid mixers, the motor in the Whirlpool manufactured ones is
>> not as
>> sturdy as those in the older Hobart manufactured models.  At 25
>> years, your
>> mixer is one of Hobart manufacture.
> That must be when they went from metal construction for the
> attachments
> to plastic.  I have my mom's grinder attachment as well as my own,
> they
> are pretty much identical except for the material.  I'm a bit rough on
> my utensils [blush] so I try to avoid the plastic.

Oh, my gosh! Those are plastic??? And not plastic or enamel-coated
metal??? I had no idea!

D**n, now I'm definitely not going to bother with one, and definitely
will pursue the Robot-Coupe plan (yes, I know they're not functionally
interchangeable, but if you have room for only one mucking great
kitchen appliance).

Now that I've actually got a little extra room via The Kitchen Counter
That Ate My Dining Room...

Adamantius