[Sca-cooks] one-trick ponies

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Nov 28 09:17:36 PST 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Georgia Foster wrote:

[snip]

> Don't get me wrong, I actually prefer to have tools suitable for
> multiple uses, but I also have my favorite things that do one thing, do
> only that one thing, but do it so well that one does not mind having it
> around.
>
> SO ... just for my nosy edification; a question to the list
>

> what is YOUR favorite one-trick pony?
>

> Cheers
> Malkin
> Otherhill
> Artemisia

Hmmmm. Well, I have the krumkake iron (which could, in a pinch, be used
for self-defense), the childhood apple slicer/corer (only mine makes 8
slices), the egg squarer thingy, the Microplane nutmeg grater, and
probably a few other things that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Margaret FitzWilliam