[Sca-cooks] Precious stones to ward off evils

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 19:15:10 PST 2007

    Lost - could someone please send me the sca-cooks message in which
Emilo provided websites concerning the subject and Terry Decker and
someone else had something to say about this subject. Somehow while
answering the message all got lost. It seems to be because of a download
of one of my programs that interrupted and restarted my computer.
    While we are at it Daniel sent a website concerning precious stones
in the Roman Empire. Obviously according to this Romans were not wearing
precious stones in rings while eating to protect oneself against poison,
which is the topic at hand. After reading the entire essay. I found a
important sentence: the "method of polishing diamonds was first
discovered in 1456, by Louis Berquen, a citizen of Bruges ." Fascinating
cause such inventions travel slowly so probably when one of you said
diamonds were cheaper than other precious stones you are totally correct
because of the lack of polish. This points to a logic error on the part
of Spanish historians claiming diamonds were used in 1434 to ward of
poison.
    Perhaps I should list the stones authors claimed that were in use in
15th  Spain and see what you know about them, ok? In that case please
bear with me its like May here in the southern hemisphere, first
communions, graduations, weddings and parties before the summer holidays
commence. That is why my responses are a bit tardy.
Suey