[Sca-cooks] OT & OOP: Sweeney Todd movie

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Nov 29 14:55:00 PST 2007

At 02:36 PM 11/29/2007, you wrote:

> > Err, after seeing a couple trailers for Beowulf, and seeing as how it
> > looked like a bad video game, well, wild horses couldn't drag me,
> > etc. The opinions of others may differ...
>
>Beowulf is... well... an interpretation.

Suffice it to say, folks on the academic lists I'm on (especially
ANSAX, which is Anglo-Saxonists) have had little to say that is
suitable for the eyes and ears of the gentle folk on this list. ("It
sucked" was probably the kindest...)

'Lainie
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than
our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore