[Sca-cooks] OT & OOP: Sweeney Todd movie

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 29 16:39:36 PST 2007

> Suffice it to say, folks on the academic lists I'm on (especially
> ANSAX, which is Anglo-Saxonists) have had little to say that is
> suitable for the eyes and ears of the gentle folk on this list. ("It
> sucked" was probably the kindest...)
>
> 'Lainie

Leaving aside the tragic refabrication of an epic and numerous flaws in
accurately representing the culture, the 3D effects are fascinating.  It's a
complete reworking of the 50s 3D with lightly tinted (and I think,
polarized) high tech glasses.  It's a little disconcerting to have an ax fly
off the screen at you.  The big problems with the 3D are vertigo and the
"fadiness."

Went to see it Thanksgiving weekend with the grandson, as we weren't
enchanted with Enchanted (although it's probably the better film).

Bear