[Sca-cooks] Sweet Batatas Redux

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 29 17:34:40 PST 2007

Urtatim asked:
<<< Rather than rehash much-referenced botanical info, can someone
please
direct me to SCA-period recipes that are probably for sweet potatoes.

Try:
potatoes-msg      (89K)  1/23/05    Period white and sweet potato
use. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/potatoes-msg.html

I also have about 150K bytes of new info for this file as well. If
you'd like that, just let me know and I'll email that to you.

Unfortunately, what has happened, as often does happen, is that I
hold off adding that much new material to a file, since I figure that
will make a file too big. But in this case, I'm not sure how to split
the file. Splitting it between white and sweet potatoes is the most
obvious, but that isn't easy since it often isn't clear whether a
recipe is talking about which one.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas