[Sca-cooks] Fw: OT & OOP: Beowulf

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Nov 29 21:12:36 PST 2007

At 09:08 PM 11/29/2007, you wrote:

> > Err, after seeing a couple trailers for Beowulf, and seeing as how it
> > looked like a bad video game, well, wild horses couldn't drag me,
> > etc. The opinions of others may differ...
> >
> > --
> > Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
> > the persona formerly known as Anahita
>
>Well my seventeen year old grandson loved it. Maybe you aren't young and
>male enough.
>Margaret

Well, he loved the blood and gore and 'enhanced' features of Angelina
Jolie at least...

My son read the poem (in a facing-page translation, because that or
OE is what I got), and he said that the computer stuff was pretty
keen, but not keen enough to make up for what they did to the text.
(That's m'boy!) He said that they got Unferth right though- a drunken
git. High praise, coming from him.

'Lainie
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than
our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore