[Sca-cooks] OOP - Soldier Cookies

Stanza693 at wmconnect.com Stanza693 at wmconnect.com
Fri Nov 30 09:07:24 PST 2007

In a message dated 11/29/2007 5:19:33 PM Mountain Standard Time,
sca-cooks-request at lists.ansteorra.org writes:

> some cookies just don't ship well.  Others require special packaging, and
> all of them need to arrive at their destination two weeks later and still
> taste fresh.
>
> SO
>
> I am considering putting together a book of cookie recipes that will ship
> well and keep well.  What do you folks think?
>

> Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
>
> Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.
>
> ------------------------------

Well, since I have a whole group of friends preparing to leave for the
Sandbox, I would definitely buy a copy.  I don't see this conflict ending anytime
soon so I'm sure this 15 month rotation will be followed by another and another!
 (I live in Dragonsspine of the Outlands.  We have an army post and 2 AFBs
not to mention the Air Force Academy.  That's lots of soldiers to adopt.)

In all my years as an army wife, I never found a good way to ship cookies.
The best I ever tried was the trick with the Pringles Can.  I didn't have the
money to try a vaccuum sealer, though.  Funny, I thought baking cookies for
soldiers would end when he retired.  Little did I know!

Karen Park
(aka Constanza MdeH)

   </HTML>