[Sca-cooks] Fuchs and Brunfels

emilio szabo emilio_szabo at yahoo.it
Mon Nov 12 16:22:32 PST 2007

> There's a *Herbarum vivae eicones ad naturae imitationem  1532-1540
As far as I can see, the author is Otto Brunfels. According to my
sources it was published 1532-1536 in three parts:

http://num-scd-ulp.u-strasbg.fr:8080/view/authors/Brunfels,_Otto.html

http://imgbase-scd-ulp.u-strasbg.fr/displayimage.php?album=174&pos=3

> cataloguing for the 1543 Herbal lists it as a second edition

Fuchs says that the 1543 edition is for a different target group.
In several places of the 1543 edition
he refers to the Latin edition 1542 for further information.
In the preface of the 1543 edition he says that the German
herbal is adapted to a different readership and that certain parts of his
Latin herbal are irrelevant for a vernacular audience.

Emilio