[Sca-cooks] Head Table Dishes: Was 12th Night Feast tentative menu

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Nov 13 11:35:44 PST 2007

Olwen asked:
>On another note, do folks from different places typically serve some
>special dishes only to High Table? We do around here. It's either
>something that is very good but too costly to prepare for the masses
>or something we know is either a particular favorite of someone at High
>Table or perhaps just an illusion food of something they particularly hate
>(beets come to mind here) or some wonderous marvel of some sort.

The Midrealm still does although that might taper off.  I don't know if it
is a Society-wide rule or just Midrealm but the expenses for any special
dish for High Table can't be reimbursed since the dish is for a limited
group and not available to all.  At least, that's what I've heard from
recent cooks.  Someone from the Midrealm will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm
sure.

Alys K.

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com