[Sca-cooks] OT Shoes to cook in!

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 15:17:06 PDT 2007

Cook in' em if you want, but don't wear them on escalators!  I read an
article lately that the number of people getting their feet caught in escalators
has sky-rocketed lately, and nearly all the victims are wearing Crocs.
Apparently they are soft enough that they get caught either in the teeth at the  top
and bottom or along the sides of the escalator.  There have been some  pretty
serious injuries including toes ripped off kids.

The article gave statistics for the Washington DC Metro System.  I  forget
how many entrapment incidents they had (it was in double digits over the  space
of a year or so, as I recall), but only two of the incidents did NOT  involve
Crocs.

Brangwayna Morgan