[Sca-cooks] Shoes for cooking

Jenn Strobel jenn.strobel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 10:14:34 PDT 2007

In my experience, I've found that a pair of Plogs (from Germany) or a pair
of medical clogs (Dickies are a personal preference) are fantastic as they
are made to withstand heat and are constructed for people who are on their
feet all day.  They can even be tossed into the dishwasher for a
cleaning/sanitizing without mishap.  Yes, I've done it.

I have a pair of Plogs that have gotten me through SCA event cooking and
catering without the debilitating pain in my feet and knees that I'd gotten
previously by using tennis shoes in the kitchen.

Just my .02,

Odriana
-Frank Zappa