[Sca-cooks] Ice Cream, or, Making a pig of myself ;-) OOP

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Oct 10 10:31:14 PDT 2007

On 10/10/07, Mairi Ceilidh <jjterlouw at earthlink.net> wrote:
> We just got an ice cream maker, and are having a blast playing with
> different flavors.  Ours is the one that has the bowl that lives in the
> freezer until you're ready to use it.  No ice, no salt, real quick and
> clean.  I love it.

Yeah, I have one of those- didn't like it, although I'm thinking it
will work at Pennsic.

> Your Coffee Ice Cream sounds delicious.  I did a Buttered Almond Coffee
> which we really enjoyed.  I liked toe flavor of the Peanut Butter Cup, but
> the texture and mouth feel were real turn-offs.  I'll have to work on that
> one.

Wondering if a straight peanut butter ice cream, either topped with
chocolate sauce, or streaked with chocolate as part of the end of the
stir might work. May I see your recipe?

> Your Curry Ice Cream sounds intriguing.  Our next experiment will be Crème
> Brulee, but I'm thinking Curry won't be far behind.  I guess what I'll try,
> though, is making the ice cream with coconut milk as an ingredient, and
> using a peanut sauce on top.  I'm going to work with a standard peanut
> sauce, but lessen or eliminate the overly salty bits (substitute hoisin
> sauce for soy?).  I know, this is sounding quite weird, but I love peanut
> sauce, and I'm thinking that a sweeter version would make a great sauce on
> ice cream.

Peanut sauce sounds good ;-) And, making your own hoisin sauce is
pretty easy. I made one a few T'days ago when I was here alone, and
decided I was going to make myself a Peking Duck, so that if the
experiment didn't work, R&M didn't suffer ;-)

> Keep playing!  This is fun.
>
> Mairi Ceilidh

Yeah, isn't it though? I'm relatively new to playing with sweets,
since I just don't have much of a sweet tooth, so playing with ice
cream, etc, is a great deal of fun. I'm trying to work out how little
sugar I can get away with without affecting the texture.

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Priorities:

Denial of evidence is not refutation of evidence.

Blessed be the self-righteous, for they shall inherit themselves.