[Sca-cooks] My problem cooking lentils

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptd.net
Sat Oct 20 12:52:10 PDT 2007

Thank you for all your good suggestions, folks. I'm thinking.... old
lentils - I do have a tendency to keep storable food *too long*...
But how old is too long? 6 months? a year?  I have a sinking feeling
that I've had these lentils over a year. (If you can't remember when
you bought them.....) I will try a new bag of lentils first, then the
distilled water..... Oh.... the only problem with Bloomsburg water is
the chlorine smell.... we Brita all our water first, so that takes
care of that.
Thanks again,
Phillipa

"My furs are not in storage, or draped across the bed,
they're hanging from the cage door, waiting to be fed."