[Sca-cooks] ants

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 25 04:57:43 PDT 2007

On Oct 25, 2007, at 3:16 AM, Craig Jones (well, actually, someone he's
quoting) wrote:

>> I need an opinion please..... I have had ants in my
>> kitchen and   bathroom (right above the kitchen) off and
>> on since July. Every time   I think I have the problem
>> taken care of, I find a few more. These   are the tiniest
>> ants I have ever seen. They certainly don't look like
>> roaches.

Phillipa, I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask a potentially
stupid question, but that's why I make the big, big money. Your last
statement above suggests it's possible you're not up on the whole
household-bug-natural history thing, which is, I suspect, a good
thing, especially given the ramifications I gather they can have for
Jewish people. But are you absolutely sure they're ants, and not, say,
weevils in something like your flour or rice? It might make a
difference in how you deal with them.

Okay, now that the dumb question has been put on the table, move
along, everybody, nothin' to see here...

>> I keep all my food in Tupperware containers.  If
>> I wash the   kitchen down with ammonia water tomorrow do
>> you think that will take   care of these tiny ants... or
>> should I use bleach water?  Or should I   call the
>> exterminator?  Has anybody else dealt with tiny ants that
>> won't go away.  btw, I never have many ants at one time,
>> never more   than 5, usually 1 or 2.
>> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Sprinkle talcum powder around the entry holes... It clogs up
> the little blighter's pores...
>
> Drakey - still alive - no accidents lately unless you count
> blue hands from staining leather last night :)

I can't tell you how glad I am to hear this. After an extremely rough
day yesterday, and an utterly exhausted night, I wake up and the first
thing I see is a post from Drakey with the subject header, "Ants."

Naturally, I feared the worst...

Adamantius