[Sca-cooks] Freckles

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 26 11:03:15 PDT 2007

On Oct 26, 2007, at 1:46 PM, Susan Fox wrote:

>> Kiri (I know...who ever heard of a freckle-faced Japanese, right??)
>>
>> I once had a college professor, name of Lonigan, who used to swear
>> the
>> O'Hara clan had been banished in days of old to The Island Off The
>> Edge Of The World, and off they went, fair and square, but
>> unfortunately they failed to make sure they all had the same maps,
>> and
>> come to an agreement on _which_ Island Off The Edge Of The World...
>>
>> Adamantius
> Behold the power of punctuation!  O'Hara does not equal Ohara.

Behold the power of pinyin/phoneticization and application of the
Roman alphabet. Who's to say what does or does not equal something in
its original form?

> On the other hand... now I want to go compare foodways of the Gael and
> Nippon and I jolly well haven't got time for it right now.

Lots of quickly boiling stuff in sea water, seaweed as a vegetable,
not much heavy dependence on the traditional spice trade, wheat not a
primary staple...

no, no similarities there...

Adamantius