[Sca-cooks] Medieval questioniare

Helen Schultz meisterin02 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 18:41:13 PDT 2007

I took a chance and went further into that "Coquinaria" web site http://www.coquinaria.nl/english/, and there is a very nice section of different cook books(both Dutch and English versions) concerning Middle Ages and a little later that they recommend (or don't recomment)...  one of these books led me to an on-line translation of a 16th century Dutch cookbook (well, 2/3 rds of it, the 3rd volumn doesn't appear to have been translated or at least posted to the site. Most interesting. They also have a few translated (into English) recipes from a couple of the books. So, even though someof us doubt the correct answers to their questionaire, they seem to have some really useful information there!!

~~ Katarina Helene

Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana) http://narrental.home.comcast.net
Middle Kingdom

The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark." -- Michaelangelo