[Sca-cooks] bugs in grain

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 12:19:06 PDT 2007

> Hi Jana,
> When you freeze grains... do you then have to keep the grain
> refridgerated? Does the grain get/stay damp? Can you then store the
> previously frozen grain in a Tupperware on the pantry shelf?
> Thanks.,
> Phillipa
> "My furs are not in storage, or draped across the bed,
> they're hanging from the cage door, waiting to be fed."

No, you just stick the bag in your freezer for 48 hours, then store it in
your pantry the usual way, either in the bag or in a Tupperware, or in your
usual container. The short trip in freezing temperatures is supposed tobe
enough to kill the eggs, so they'll never develop into bugs when they're
back at room temperature.