[Sca-cooks] [sca-ae-cooks] Historian finds oldest recipe for German bratwurst

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 31 23:34:54 PDT 2007

By transliteration, do you mean the picture of the manuscript in the
upper left corner? Or is it transcribed somewhere else? I'm afraid my
German isn't good enough to make anything out on that website.

1) If the text of the recipe/description is given there, would
someone be willing to type it in and post it here?

2) If we can get the text in German, would someone here be willing to
translate this into English?

I'd love to have this to put into the Florilegium sausages-msg file
so that folks can try making redactions of it.

Thanks,
    Stefan

<<< A photograph and transliteration of the text can be found at:
http://www.bratwurstmuseum.net/

Euriol

"euriol at ptd.net" <euriol at ptd.net> said:
> I just found this article on Yahoo News. Thought many here would enjoy
> reading it.
>
> Euriol
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071031/od_uk_nm/
oukoe_uk_germany_bratwurst;_ylt=AoheHJEYmFYZpew1RRsdGeHtiBIF

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com