[Sca-cooks] Food/recipe ideas

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 4 09:48:25 PDT 2007

If you have a large pot you may even try what I once read as a typical method of cauldron preperation in which a few seperate dishes were prepared in the same pot. Make a soup with vegetables, herbs, water or stock, add a joint of meat. Then take your boil-in-bag in lieu of a bladder or stomach with grains, fruits, suet, batter or whatever.

Boil the lot together, fry up griddlebread, remove the meat and bag. Serve soup as first course, meat and bread second and the pudding as third. Although it is doubtful that dishes were served as "courses" that we are used to now it would be a full meal of different dishes all from one pot.

Yers,

Gunthar