[Sca-cooks] Armored Turnips

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Oct 4 12:11:23 PDT 2007

At 08:09 AM 10/4/2007, you wrote:
>But why would you use cheddar cheese in an Italian dish?  Wouldn't something
>like provolone, mozzarella or fontina be more appropriate?  I have seen them
>done with cheddar on several occasions, and find this very odd.

I've made this in camp several times, and for convenience's sake, I
get a bag of pre-grated cheese- the Italian blend, which has
mozzarella, parmesan, asiago, and romano. _Very_ tasty, and I don't
have to deal with grating etc in camp. (Cuts down my Thursday prep time, too!)

'Lainie
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than
our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore