[Sca-cooks] Wecker -- To Roast Salmon

Britt tierna.britt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 03:48:18 PDT 2007

On 10/7/07, Terry Decker <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> >  4.. Vorgemelte. I could find no literal translation of this word. I am
> >translating it as "blend" because I think it may be related to the modern
> >"schmelzen," "to melt." Schmelzen seems to imply high heat and industrial
> >melting, so it is not a precise match. A Middle German replacement would be
> >appreciated.

It looks like (and my German is weak) the perfect verb form for
'before melt' or 'before melt'. My husband suggests 'to be melted'.
I'm sorry I haven't been following the thread and don't have the word
in context, or I might be of better help.  Or no help at all, as I'm
sure my German stinkt. :)

- Teceangl