[Sca-cooks] a few questions/requests (long)

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 14 05:13:35 PDT 2007

in March of 2000, my now ex husband tried to kill me.  Oh ... it was an accident sure enough, but he was extremely intoxicated. We flipped the truck off the interstate, I went out the back window.  I regained conciseness long enough to watch the truck fall on me.  It was the wierdest thing ... I fully had time for the thought "since that thing is GOING to hit me I wish it would just hurry up and get it over with"

The truck landed across my spine and the trip out the window ripped down my left calf.  I had spinal damage and a significant percent of my blood volume tied up in bruises to the point I was severely anemic.

I spent five days in the hospital four months with a walker and a lot longer on crutches.

This was the same semester I was taking 23 credit hours in college.   Trust me ... timing is everything.

Here is what I learned.   It takes a very long time to recover even after you get out of the hospital.  AND THAT IS OK !!!!!  Do only what the doctors say you can.  Do exactly what the doctors say you can.  and this last comes from a 400 year old text that you may recognize.  Aside from a healthy discipline, be gentle with yourself, You are a child of the earth, no less than the trees and the flowers ... you have a right to be here.

Cheers
Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.