[Sca-cooks] OT OOP Exploding Molassas

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 21 16:35:15 PDT 2007

Now that was quite possibly the weirdest thing that I have ever experiences this side of the spectral in my kitchen.

I was making cookies for my son and for my SO's cousin ... both currently serving tours in Iraq,  I make cookies and send them every week.  Aerol shares his with the other 11 boys in his squad and Michael takes his to the base hospital to share with the service members there.

In honor of Halloween ... when the boys will likely open this particular set ... I made Goblins.  Those are pumpkin cookies with faces made of chocolate chips (or raisins ... but I digress)

I went to open the molasses and the top literally popped off into my hand with all the force of a campaign cork ... smoke and all.

Anybody else ever experience this odd circumstance?

OH OH OH  and THEN the mixer.  I inherited the mixer from my mother in law when she passes away last month.  It is called ... in my house ... the possessed mixer, since if you leave it plugged in, it will, for no apparent reason and without any provocations whatsoever, start running at odd times.  Seriously.  Kitchenaid single-beater stand mixer.  it is possessed.  that, or the ghosties in my new house are feeling the season.

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.