[Sca-cooks] Bugs in Grain

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 28 17:05:40 PDT 2007

Ana wrote:

>But they are still there, each time we open a closet they fly to
>the roof of the kitchen and are there. (snip)
>Any advice?

I had them for several years.  It finally took doing most of the things
that  you did - throwing out boxes and bags of foodstuffs, re-packaging
foods in tight plastic containers, etc.  The problem continued so I finally
removed all the shelves from the closet and found larva behind the shelves.
I ended up putting a thick coat of paint over the walls, ceiling and
shelving.  If they're escaping into the kitchen there's a possibility that
they might be laying eggs elsewhere than where you store the food.  We
never tried an exterminator but you might check every crevase of your food
places, including the floor.  I figure that the paint sealed in any eggs I
couldn't spot.

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com