[Sca-cooks] Jam was Medieval Questionnaire

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Oct 29 11:19:07 PDT 2007

This didn't post so I'll send it again.

That might be a problem of how it is defined as it all

becomes somewhat more complicated as the one British dictionary I just
looked at states—

*jam"*
A conserve of fruit boiled to a pulp with sugar; sets to a pectin jelly
on cooling. (Known in the USA as jelly.)

So here we have a Dictionary of Food and Nutrition equating the two as
the same in the USA.
And another book The Oxford Dictionary of American Usuage and Style says

jam=

**

(= [1] a fruit jelly

Johnnae