[Sca-cooks] Dancing on the cap of a jam jar

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 29 16:13:49 PDT 2007

Adamantius quibbled:
"Like I said, this *might* be a jam, but using logic akin to, "this
might be jam because we have reason to believe it might be jam because
it sort of looks like jam, and we know they had jam, here, look,
here's a recipe for something jamlike", well, it is a little
inconclusive. When you combine that with the phrases about lifting it
up, the absence of a specific sugar proportion, and the part about
making it white or brown, which is typical of fruit paste recipes, I
can't bring myself to rule out the possibility that it isn't.
A."

LOL - you people are having a fine medieval argument here - how many angels
can dance on the head of this pin?  Different fruits attain different
consistencies when boiled with and without sugar.  What are the chances that
they were accounting for many possible variations with the vagueness of the
recipes?

lol - backing out of the fray slowly, taking my New World peanut butter with
me...
Christianna