[Sca-cooks] tablecloth, shroud or food cover?

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Wed Oct 31 14:51:46 PDT 2007

Suey wrote: /
//
/>>/   What [a sixth-century mosaic] could have to do with the Shroud of
/>>/ Turin (which didn't surface 'til the 14th century) is beyond me.
/

/
/ <http://www.direct.ca/trinity/shroud.html>>...in 1993 Rebecca Jackson,
>co-founder of the Turin Shroud Center of Colorado, published a theory
>that the shroud used to bury Jesus was the tablecloth used in the Last
>Supper. Apparently Joseph of Arimathea was not only on the burial
>committee but also on the planning committee that set up the Last Supper
>so in haste grabbed the tablecloth to use as a shroud. Alas, apparently
>she has no proof. It is just a theory.

And without proof, it's basically dotty nonsense. And it has no bearing on the tablecloth in our sixth-century mosaic.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?