[Sca-cooks] OT Shoes to cook in!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 5 23:22:02 PDT 2007

Phlip asked:

<<< Why are you guys cooking in your shoes? Wouldn't it be more
efficient
to use a pot or a pan?  >>>

I think we've discussed this previously. I go off for a short
vacation and look where the discussion goes. See this file in the
FOOD=UTENSILS section:

lea-cook-uten-msg (14K) 11/24/06    Leather cooking vessels and
utensils.

:-)

Stefan
(Unfortunately, my vacation was/is not fun. My knee was hurting just
before and during last weekend's SCA event and got worse. I thought
it might have to do with my hay fever/allergy which also suddenly
popped up on Thursday. At least I thought that was why I was running
a slight fever at the event and tired. My knee and leg were also a
bit red.  On Monday my knee and leg were bright red and it was sore
to the touch and hot and I could barely move it. I went into the
emergency room and they admitted me to the hospital. There was no
sign of a blood clot, which is good I'm told. But I had a skin
infection. After IV antibiotics all week they released me this
morning. So, I'm still sore and there is still some redness and
swelling and I'm limping but I'm at home. I just started my new
contract engineering job two weeks before this.  I was afraid they
would cut me loose, but it sounds now like they didn't ever consider
that, but they did want to know how long I would be out so they could
plan around it. I really like the work and the company and didn't
want to lose it.

The hospital room actually had a wi-fi connection, and it was mostly
trouble free. But trying to type sitting on a hospital bed with your
legs our in front of you and the tabletop/laptop at near shoulder
height really isn't that comfortable. Oh yes, and I was supposed to
keep my leg elevated during this. :-) )
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com