[Sca-cooks] Ice Cream, or, Making a pig of myself ;-) OOP

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Oct 10 08:05:58 PDT 2007

On 10/10/07, Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Red Curry Paste generally includes ingredients I don't find harmonious
> in ice cream, such as red chili peppers, shrimp paste and shallots.  I
> might go with a good garam masala instead.    As usual, your mileage may
> vary.

Well, I originally didn't think garlic would do well with mashed
potatoes, so I'm going to go ahead and give it a try. If worse comes
to worse, the dog and the chickens will ear it ;-) But, that's partly
why I'm making a small batch.

> > Second question- I'm thinking that a sauce on this might go very well,
> > possibly a caramel sauce. Anybody have any recipes, or other
> > suggestions? "Forget the whole idea" is NOT an acceptable option ;-)
> >

> What's better with curry than coconut?  A reduction of coconut milk with
> sugar, do they sell condensed coconut milk?  Oh and candied ginger chunks.
>
> Selene

Good idea- I might try that, although I'll need to wait until this
weekend to get some coconut milk. Margali's allergic to it, and I
haven't been in he mood for curries lately, so I don't have any on
hand.

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Priorities:

Denial of evidence is not refutation of evidence.

Blessed be the self-righteous, for they shall inherit themselves.