[Sca-cooks] a few questions/requests (long)

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Oct 14 15:39:06 PDT 2007

> how do members of the list prepare event meals and accommodate
> the needs of people taking medications? i realize this is a
> sensitive question because some people do not disclose that they
> are even taking any medications for privacy reasons.
>
> --
> terry l. ridder ><>

I provide a list of all ingredients used in the meal for each recipe.  While
I usually prepare everything from scratch, if I use a commercial
preparation, I will list all of the ingredients on their ingredient list.
This takes care of most common dietary problems.  I will also answer any
questions about the feast that I can.

I try to create dishes with varied ingredients and dishes that will appeal
to both carnivores and vegetarians, so that no one goes hungry.

If I am informed of dietary issues IN ADVANCE, I will try to prepare at
least some dishes to provide an adequate meal and I will tell people which
dishes they can not eat.  I've arranged menus to account for allergies,
diabetes, gastric problems and religious requirements.  I don't need to know
details, but I need to know what is required to determine whether I can help
you.  Failing to tell me of your dietary needs makes it your problem.

Bear