[Sca-cooks] OOP: Fennel Pollen

Maggie MacD. maggie5 at cox.net
Sat Oct 20 12:34:01 PDT 2007

At 10:34 AM 10/20/2007,Susan Fox said something like:
>Another weed in California seems to be the Cardoon, which is making it
>difficult for me to purchase seeds through the mail.   The wild ones are
>mostly in the north while I'm in the south, drat it, and surely they
>don't get the water and loving care that I would give them anyway.  Alas.
>
>Selene

There's wild ones all along half the route to Potrero from my house.  The
section of Otay Lakes Road that ties into 94 has thse buggers hanging all
over the fences on either side of the road. I need to take a more leisurely
drive some day (when they're not all gone to seed and dried to a crisp) in
order to inspect/collect some.

Regards,
Maggie