[Sca-cooks] Medieval questionaire

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 27 22:22:42 PDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
 Okay so at this juncture I have to ask.
Are we so concerned with accuracy we can not simply enjoy or is it the
concern of an educated pallette for recreation of dish once lost that drives
most of us?
( pardon the spelling if any, its late, I am tired, just finished doing a
ten hours, and may not be making sense)
 Cealian   > > > > > > >

My several several years here on this list participating and reading have
taught me that WE ENJOY the concern for accuracy, and the quest for a more
concerted effort to present real information rather than half recreational
partial infotainment when it comes to this realm of historical cookery.
Many of us consider ourselves scholars or at least scholarly, and find the
discourse and vetting of "information" sources to be satisfying, and even
recreational in a somewhat serious or considered (rahter than supercilious)
way.

niccolo difranceco
(you say potato . . . I say Solanum tuberosum)